Using a cloth is considered to be super efficient and super eco-friendly. Cloth can be used for pretty much anything as well. If you can use paper rolls, you can use the cloth too. Many still prefer using paper over the cloth.
Advantages of paper over cloth
- Cloth tends to give you that really icky feeling after a cleanup.
- Paper towels can get tossed out after a cleanup. When you use cloth, the mess on the floor or the counter has simply been transferred to the cloth. The mess has not left. You still have to deal with it. Sometimes, a simple rinse in the sink will not do. It has to be severely dealt with.
- There is still the question of the germs that tend to stick around if you have washed something potentially dangerous of breeding organisms. This includes pet messes. The tissue is discarded instantly with no chance of possible infection being retained in the house. With a cloth, you have to be extra careful with disinfectants both for the messy surface as well as the cloth. That is a lot of work.
- The mess that can happen if the cloth is not cleaned completely is worse.
- For people who worry about being eco-friendly and destroying nature by using disposable paper, please note that these paper towels are made from recycled paper too. This is as eco-friendly as one can get.
A blue paper roll is one of the most useful things that one can have in the house. It can be used in pretty much any area. Be it pet mess, spilled milk or just liquid soap, a paper cloth is the best thing that can be used to clean up the mess. There is no fuss at the end of it all. It is clearly as though the mess never happened.